Friday, July 25, 2008

Where is the Sun?

It is the middle of winter here in Perth and today was wet, grey and cold. Yucko. Bring on summer. The next best thing in our house today was getting stuck back in to the Summer 4 Seasons Swap. I was prepared for foundation peicing this time! Had everything cut to size and the ironing board set up right by my machine, at the height I was sitting. Perfect for my assistant to help.


She took the peices and laid them in a circle. Reminds me a bit of this stunning colour wheel quilt here. I want to make one, one day. Maybe next dolls quilt swap? ha ha!

I have folded up my 24 hour quilt top finished yesterday, reluctantly. I wanted to get stuck into quilting it immediately, but I will finish this dolls quilt swap and then get back into it. I think having that break yesterday helped, I feel refreshed in my sewing world again.

8 comments:

Mom said...

I loved the sun over the water that you did...another idea now??!

Cass said...

Looks like someone is following in your footsteps

Vicki W said...

What a great helper! I'd trade my summer with your winter any time. I'm sure that if I could have a week of winter that my laryngitis would finally go away!

Trisha said...

What a cute little assistant you have!

Emma said...

I thought you were done with the FSQS? And I certainly thought you were done with foundation piecing?!

Anonymous said...

I adore that shy proud smile at the finish. How fabulous. Keep that one.lol.

AJ said...

Great pics Helen...definatley a quilter in the making!!!

Lily Mulholland said...

Congrats on getting this nearly done - it will be a stunner!

And on your two-year blogiversary!

How cute is that photo of your little helper? A keeper :)