Thursday, July 24, 2008

The 24 Hour Quilt Top.


After a whirl wind 24 hours of sewing, rudely interupted by mundane things like washing, cooking tea, attending to children's needs when they whinge loud enough, you know how it is I am sure! Anyway, I finished this quilt top. I don't think blogger is being nice with the colours, they seen washed out. But such a simple but effective pattern! Its called Bricks and Morter. I like it! I want to get stippling on it right away! But I'll do a bit more on the Summer dolls quilt first, even though that little voice is saying do I really have too?

12 comments:

jacquie said...

very cute and VERY speedy. how do you do it?

Little Munchkins said...

Cool...nothing like a quick project. Looks great too.

Cass said...

Helen, love it. The colours are great

Anonymous said...

Lovin the colours in this one and so quick!! Have just bought a machine foot to have a go a stippling - very daunting but my quilts will never get finished if I don't!!

Natalie said...

Wow Helen, you really do make 'simple' just so stunning!

Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 said...

Oh love it, the fabrics are to die for !!
Amy

Lily Mulholland said...

Well done!

I reckon you should just bite the bullet on your summer 4SQS - it's looking really good. FINISH IT!! LOL

Have you received yours yet? I am awaiting mine - there's a parcel collection docket that arrived today, so I'm hoping that it's it!

Tine said...

That looks so great! And what a fast pace you set for yourself :-) The pattern really shows off the fabrics well. Bricks and mortar?! Will have to google that one!

Trisha said...

Wow, beautiful fabric! That is a great layout for it!

Ruth's Place said...

I adore that fabric! Just stunning.

SandyQuilts said...

Oh my I adore your quilt ... I'll have to make myself something similary. Beautiful

calicodaisy said...

Great colors!