Wednesday, July 02, 2008

WIP Wednesday Week 23 - The Start of the Summer 4 Season Doll Quilt Sawp

Swaps! Swaps! Swaps!!! And here is the start of another, the summer round of the 4 Season Dolls Quilt. Summer to me means hot days, burning sun, endless blue sky. So with that in mine and my recent fasination with foundation peicing, I found this pattern in a copy of Quilters Companian (No 19, Volume 5, No 3, April 2006!) and though ahhhhh ha!

Its a pattern called Summer Carnival by Donna Ward. I'm thinking of doing just two blocks, sunrise and sun set? We shall see..... Here's the first part whipped up. Foundation peicing definately gets easier as you do it. The blue fabric this in on is actually the backing for my runner for the EB Quilters table runner swap. I'm unpicking some stippling I wasn't happy with.

6 comments:

AJ said...

very sunny Helen!!

Tanaya said...

oh my gosh, could you be any more brilliant? I love this!

Tine said...

This is gorgeous!

Samantha said...

Okay, love that sun already!

Anonymous said...

Yummy fabrics. I love any kind of swirly pattern, especially that orange one.

Lisa said...

I love those kind of blocks!!!! Looks beautiful!