Wednesday, April 30, 2008

WIP Wednesday Week 14 - Elliott's Hanger

Some hand sewing action this week. I can't believe it is almost a year since we welcomed to the world baby Elliott. His Mum rang last week to invite us to his party and I thought, well I better quickly whip up his present for him. So I am sewing him a hanger with his name on it for his bedroom door. I did this one for his brother years ago, back in November 2005, the days before I blogged, a funky green dinosaur.

Its a design which I don't know where it came from originally, although I have sewn this one before, for one of Grace's boyfriends from Mothers Group. Above is it all vixofixed into place, ready to blanket stitch. That was on Sunday. After three days of hand sewing whenver I had the chance, I have finished and done simple echo quilting around each shape and even sewed the binding on last night. I did that bit by machine! I'm not that silly!

Here's a close up of the little purple fish, it looks cute I think. Not bad for a rushed in a week job!

12 comments:

ZIQita la Cucaracha a.k.a. Lipas Kudung said...

hy, wat a fantastic blog! i really like urs:)

fi said...

what a cute idea~love the fishies!

AJ said...

SO CUTE HELEN....HELLO LITTLE FISHIE...MASTER E WILL LOVE YOU!!

Emma said...

Very nice, and I love all the spotty fabric! I must learn to do good hand applique like yours!

Andrea said...

Very bight and colourful Helen, so you! And a great gift, I would love to make a few for little girls, any pattern ideas?

Heids said...

Gorgeous Helen - love it. Love your blanket stitching.

Cass said...

That's very cute Helen

Austysmum said...

Gorgeous Helen! I love the bright fun look on everything you do, and it just looks so cute!

susan said...

hehe, i love that little fish!! i think this is a really sweet gift!! and totally doesnt look rushed!! i want one for my bedroom door! hehe

susan said...

well i thought i just didnt get to the post about who won the hexagons so i didnt say anything, but then i checked the next one and there wasnt anything said there either, so i will be the one to burst everyones bubble!! they are mine!! i won them!! woohoo!!
hows that for overacting?? seriously tho, i cant wait to get them so i can play with them and see what i can do!! thanks again helen!!

Sue said...

Helen that's gorgeous!! I love it!

Natalie said...

He is the cutest little fish! This is a lovely hanger, something else I have on my 'sewing to-do wish list' lol!