Thursday, April 10, 2008

Scrap Swaps Recieved!

Well it may have been Grace's birthday yesterday (thank you all for your lovely comments and wishes too, very sweet!) but today it was me who got the pressies! I had signed up for two different scrap swaps recently and funnily enough, they both arrive in my mailbox the same day!

Above is a very eclectic mix of fabric scraps from Corrie! A lot of prints featuring little matryoshka dolls too. Love that purple bubble print on the right, anyone know what range that is from? There are a few charm squares from the range the purple one is from. Wouldn't mind adding a bit more of that to my stash. Thanks Corrie!

And the above selection has come all the way from Chicago from Sequana. This swap was organized by the girls over at Melly and Me. I think we are supposed to make scrappy log cabins from it, but I think I'm just adding mine to the stash! Thanks Annie! I have been eyeing off the charm squares that the strawberry, flowers and stripes range is from, these are very sweet. Moda range I think? I've already pulled a handful from each pile for my Dolls Quilt Swap. Sketched out the idea for that last night, time to get sewing!

10 comments:

Cass said...

Helen some great fabric scraps there. Both bundles look great

AJ said...

Looks like fun Helen!!

Lily Mulholland said...

Wow Helen - you'd better get busy stitching!

Sequana said...

Just in case your readers think my eyes went daft at that top piece, it's an ATC made from upholstery fabric.....*L*....NOT a scrap

Yes, the bright ones are from Strawberry Lemonade by Moda. I had a JR of it.

Jody Sanders said...

What wonderful scraps! It seems wrong to call them scraps though.

I can't wait to see what you make from them.

atet said...

What fun bits and bobs (not sure I can call them scraps either!). LOVE the quilts you've been showing -- Grace's log cabins are wonderful as is the spring swap prototype :0).

Happy belated birthday to Grace -- and to you, you're the one who was doing the hard work after all :0).

Sarah said...

fun scraps! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do for DQS3!

Unknown said...

Love the scraps in top pic, im jealous : ) Check out my blogs for a fun giveaway.... bonnielouvintage.blogspot.com

Betsy said...

how do you get to participate in a scrap swap? I would love to do this.

Corrie said...

so glad you love it!!! I know that purple one is from a moda range and I got the pack from fat quarter shop

Corrie:)