I finished sewing down the binding on my dolls quilt for the Spring round of the 4 Season's Swap. And guess what? Its too big! Milly has learnt a new word recently, I'll borrow it for this post, BUGGER! I was measuring as I went along, thinking I was doing okay, but I think the blue border threw me as the colours and prints were so pretty, I didn't want to trim it any smaller. Well thats my excuse! Its only a little bit bigger, 22 x 18 inches, so I'm only 2 inches out and I am sure my swapee wouldn't mind, but I feel rather attatched to this little quilt and so have decided I will keep it for my collection and whip up another smaller one for my swapee.
The binding isn't that wobbly in real life, I was too excitied to iron it before shotting these snaps. I did the binding 2 and 1/4th and inch too instead of the usual 2.5 inches, I think I like it a bit tighter.
I don't know how well these last two photos will come out of the back but thought I'd include them as well. I am as pleased with the effect on the back almost as much as the front! For the flowers and grass I did a lighter green but the rest of the area was a darker green. Nice texture. Well back to the machine for the next one!