Tuesday, April 08, 2008

"Spring" 4 Seasons Dolls Quilt Finshed!

I finished sewing down the binding on my dolls quilt for the Spring round of the 4 Season's Swap. And guess what? Its too big! Milly has learnt a new word recently, I'll borrow it for this post, BUGGER! I was measuring as I went along, thinking I was doing okay, but I think the blue border threw me as the colours and prints were so pretty, I didn't want to trim it any smaller. Well thats my excuse! Its only a little bit bigger, 22 x 18 inches, so I'm only 2 inches out and I am sure my swapee wouldn't mind, but I feel rather attatched to this little quilt and so have decided I will keep it for my collection and whip up another smaller one for my swapee.


The binding isn't that wobbly in real life, I was too excitied to iron it before shotting these snaps. I did the binding 2 and 1/4th and inch too instead of the usual 2.5 inches, I think I like it a bit tighter.


I don't know how well these last two photos will come out of the back but thought I'd include them as well. I am as pleased with the effect on the back almost as much as the front! For the flowers and grass I did a lighter green but the rest of the area was a darker green. Nice texture. Well back to the machine for the next one!

7 comments:

Emma said...

You must be gutted having to keep it ;) I love your quilting. To photograph the quilting, it's best to have natural light coming at an angle, and not use the flash.

Kylie said...

helen - it is lovely - i am sure that your next one will be just as lovely

Cylie said...

Terrible thing when you have to keep a quilt like that.....just tragic. (lol)

Well done on the quilting though - great job!

Cass said...

Helen another very nice looking quilt, well done even if it is too big

Sarah said...

I like to use a 2 1/4" binding too. I make it snug, and if it's 2 1/2", then I have a wide binding on the back. And I don't like that.

very fun! I don't blame you for keeping it!

Lily Mulholland said...

Well good thing you started early...and you get to keep it...and now you just HAVE to do another quilt! Lovely work Helen :)

Mom said...

don't worry about the size...it is fine. I'd rather people get one a hair too big than something too small! lovely