Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WIP Wednesday Week 13. More dolls quilts

*sigh* I know, more dolls quilt WIP shots. I'm getting a bit over it all really. I think doing two in the same month was too much. Well, rather 3, if I had measured properly and not gotten excitied in the outside "piano key" boaders (thanks for that terminology Lily!) So I'm finally up to the binding with the 4 Seasons one. Taken me the last two days to do all the quilting on it. The colours are a bit different to the first big one. When this one is done I'll compare them side by side, maybe do a vote of which one to send? I'm sure my swapee wouldn't mind the bigger one, although I have picked out the space on my wall ready to hang it. Well, I need to sew a pocket rod thingy on the back yet.

And cruising along nicely for the flickr swap. I know my swap partner reads here so I'm going to keep with the sneek peek shots. And also, I am making two of this quilt. I have a odd little space on one of the walls in the sewing room so I am making it to go there. Or am I?! I have the tops of these quilts finished, have to embellish the birds and then ready to sandwich and quilt. Hopefully next week's WIP will not be dolls quilt related.

5 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

LOL you're welcome re piano keys Helen :)

It's looking lovely - but I know what you mean - I am itching to get onto something bigger - and that will stay in this house!

I can't get enough of your flickr swap quilt fabrics - and the birds are too sweet. Looking forward to seeing the final version/s!

Cass said...

Great as usual Helen. I especially love the one with the birds on it

Unknown said...

Oh those birdies are looking lovely! I adore the colours you have used.

Natalie said...

They are both looking fantastic Helen!!! I can't wait to start my next quilt

Karen said...

Helen I'd still gaze in awe at your work if every post was about a doll quilt!!
Can't wait to see the finished projects.