Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My new best friend!

Look at this! We have a new addition to the family! I think I might call her Tessa seeing as though the name of the make is Contessa. Does anyone else name their machines??! LOL Isn't she lovely!!

My Mother and Father In Law are moving overseas (ahhhh, to Rottnest!) and MIL is having a clear out and I asked if I could have her overlocker. She said sure! She even had it serviced for me so runs nice and smooth and has a sharp blade to cut. She said she's about 20 yers old! Makes me think, will I be giving my machines to my daughters in 20 years time?

Wow, I'm not going to know myself with all these professionally finished seams!

9 comments:

lolliegirl said...

Congratulations on getting an overlocker!! I have to confess that I am in love with my machine too! Have fun doing 'professional' seams LOL..

paula said...

Fantastic score Helen :)

Helen said...

Thanks girls, she looks like an old clanker but the test sewing I've done so far looks great!

Unknown said...

Lucky you!!
I name things too. I used to name all my dresses, but now I just name appliances, lol.

candi said...

You'll want to overlock everything now!

Andrea said...

What a perfect addition to your family...enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Yes... Tessa is a nice addition. I wander what knick names you give me on this site!!!! nice one hon xx

Leah said...

I have Tessa envy! Have fun!

jill said...

Lucky you! I miss my serger so much. I name my machines as well. Athena is the current and hopefully last machine I'll own for a long while.