Saturday, September 02, 2006

Milly's Mini Twirly Skirt.


Well at last I have sewn a twirly skirt for Miss Milly. After the last two being for Grace.....

I think its too short though. I mean she's two in November, actually yesterday being the 1st, her birthday is now less than 2 months away. But it just looks too short? Maybe the bulkiness of her cloth nappy underneath? Maybe cause its only two tiers? Liked the rick tack on the bottom though, that was fun to do. Have memories of wearing rick rack on cord overalls when I was little. Finding it really hard to get my hands on some hot pink rick rack though! Can only find white or pale pink. This butterfly fabric I brought 4 metres of as I was intending to sew some cot sheets for summer but skirts are just so much more fun!

5 comments:

Cass said...

Helen, I love it. I don't think it is too short at all.

Andrea said...

Helen, it looks lovely, my eye was really drawn to the ric rac. I love the way it breaks it.
Not too short at all, I know what you mean thought as that is what I thought about Ellyse's. What a pretty little girl you have!

Belinda said...

Helen, I don't think it is too short either. I would imagine that if it was much longer that it would get caught up in her legs when she walks etc.

lolliegirl said...

Aww, that looks great! I don't think it's too short either. The rick rack looks good, adds a nice touch :)

Unknown said...

Yay, I love the ricrac!!! Looks fabulous on her, not too short at all.