Friday, May 14, 2010

Placemat Swap for Kimmie.

I signed up for the Placemat Swap the other month. I scored Kimmie as my partner, yahhh! Being an "open" swap we know from the start who we are swapping with and it is a direct swap, so I sew for Kimmie, Kimmie sews for me. She has commented in the past on my Squid Eye Quilt so I knew red, white and black was the way to go.

Chatting with Kimmie I realized she didn't like wonky, so I went all symmetrical and squares. I was still in my pebble quilting phase and quilted it all over with a verigated red to black thread.

And the back. Here is bits of Kimmie's email when she got it. I must say it was one of the nicest emails I have received at the end of a swap!

OMG OMG OMG!!!! Helen!!! Your (I use the term loosely) placemat came today!! It is soooo not a placemat, but a wonderful quilt that's going right up on my bedroom wall! It is the most perfect, made for me, quilt ever!! I can't stop looking at it. My Mom was with me when we went to the PO and she kept saying "let me see that again", and I would say "wait a minute, I'm not done", and we were tugging it back and forth.... LOL I really love the little lone squares inside the other squares. And the quilting, is divine!! Its modern yet not wonky. You proved you don't have to be wonky to have a modern flare. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Hopefully you receive yours today too, or tomorrow, since we sent them the same day. I hope you like yours too, its nowhere as fabulous as this one!! Hugs ( big hugs) Kimmie.

4 comments:

AJ said...

What a sweet email! Great job on this swap Helen...can't wait to see what you got!

Unknown said...

ITs gorgeous - I love the red, white and black and the quilting is amazing!

Shari said...

What a great placemat, but I would have to agree that it is a better wall hanging... your quilting is leaping ahead - haven't tried the pebble quilting but it has so many possibilities.

So lovely of you to share your email - a hearty thanks is always well appreciated. Kimmie sounds like a great friend.

Ms Muffin said...

Oh, what a beautiful quilt!!! Love it!