Monday, May 24, 2010

C's Dolls Quilt Finished.

I realized yesterday (thank you all for the birthday wishes!!!) as I was downloading the photos from the camera I hadn't posted photos of C's dolls quilt finished. I forgot to measure it before it was wrapped and handed to the birthday girl. It turned out a bit bigger than the size of a pillow case. C's Mum has told me that she uses it as a little quilt on her bed.


These blocks have had quite a journey to get into this quilt. At first they were going to be for this quilt! Half of them ended up in this quilt. Now I just have a few more to maybe make one more quilt out of. 4 quilts from one WIP, not bad!

7 comments:

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

This is beautiful! I'm inspired now to make a doll quilt-- they seem a bit like instant gratification, too ( at least as far as quilting goes!)

Ruth's Place said...

I hope you had a great birthday!

The quilt is gorgeous.

Lily Mulholland said...

Gorgeous (and how very thrifty of you!)

Riel Nason said...

Hi Helen, Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my quilt fesival submission. This dolly quilt is so, so pretty as is so much on your blog. I have lurked here before and will definitely peek in again. I LOVE your use of colour and whimsy!!

Poppyprint said...

How sweet that she's using it on her bed!!! She must love it.

Kelly said...

It's beautiful Helen, I love the quilting, it really stands out!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty doll quilt! I am in a doll quilt making phase and this is a nice design. It may inspire a future doll quilt of mine, if you don't mind!