Saturday, May 08, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

It is Mother's Day tomorrow but I got my pressie today! Ta Daaaaa! My new sewing machine trolley so I can carry my machine to my monthly Patchwork and Quilting Group in style. Of course I had to buy it myself and have it posted up here myself, I refused to wrap it though!

Today was our sewing day so I got to use it. I freaked at first cause I thought my machine didn't fit, but you have to take the cover off the machine to get it in the trolley! d'oh!

So I worked on today a quick dolls quilt top for a friend of Milly's who is having a 5th birthday party next week. I took these blocks left over from Milly's Log Cabin Quilt and trimmed them down to 5 inches. Just wanted it to be big enough to wrap around a doll or teddy.

Sashed them in white and here it is all done, ready to sandwich and then quilt. I am thinking simple straight white lines. Or maybe pink?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh your machine gets to wear a little seatbelt! That is so cute!

I love the quilt too. I would do it in white I think.

Ingrid
xoxox

Sara said...

Love the machine caddy! I've been looking for one of those, yours is so pretty!

Unknown said...

Sweet! Happy Mother's Day!

Natalie said...

Love the trolley bag, great idea! The quilt looks lovely too, I would also go with the white quilting

Trisha said...

Congrats, what a great gift! Happy Mother's Day!

Desiree said...

ooo I want a little rollie trollie! happy mothers day to you!

AJ said...

Great Present!!

Pink quilting!!

Kelly said...

Love the trolley, great colour!! The quilt is cute too, I'd do white too or a pale pink or even very pale purple.