Thursday, May 20, 2010

Placemat from Kimmie.

I had a squishy package arrive from Kimmie earlier this week. It was my placemat from the recent Placemat Swap! Although I'm not calling it a placemat, it is a mini quilt, its just too lovely to eat from! I love the colours, very me. And the stripey square border effect looks great! Thank you Kimmie.

And she totally spoilt me with all these extra goodies. I especially love the note cards and the little keyring bag which holds some nail clippers! Very cool! Also she sent some chocolates but I'm afraid the children ate them before this photo!

This is what I have been working on my Round Robin quilt this week. An hour here and an hour there. Some days not even that! I'm averaging about 2 bobbins worth of thread a side. Getting there slowly, very slowly. I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree - the 'placemat' is way to gorgeous to eat off! I love those orages! And your round robin quilt is looking fantastic! :)

Emma said...

Oh my goodness, that is a lot of pebbling! I will be worth it once you're done.

Tine said...

The quilting looks awesome!! It will be so so worth it :)

Lily Mulholland said...

Oooooooooooooooh that round robin quilt is going to be GORGEOUS. I love the red 'ribbon' running through the border, offset by all that wonderful (and time-consuming) pebbling. Can't wait to see the big reveal!