Monday, May 31, 2010

Round Robin Quilt Finished!


Thanks to being glued to my seat on the lounge this week watching MasterChef, I have managed to finish sewing the binding down on my Round Robin quilt top and so, apart from the very important label, I have finished!

Yesterday the girls and I walked over to our local park to take some photos. That's our house just across the lake!

What do they say? Never work with children or animals? Grace was fantastic behind the quilt holding it up despite a strong breeze blowing. All was good until Matilda decided to help.

I love how they think it is totally normal to go to the park to photograph a quilt with their Mum. Isn’t that what every one does on a Sunday morning?

Lots of giggling later I think I got my shot.

It measures about 50 inches square. I’d say I would have used at least 2,000 metres of thread. I was using bobbin fill for the bobbin thread and I went through a 1,500 reel. About 500 metres was on other projects previously, lets just say I used a lot of thread…. But worth it as I’m really happy with how it has turned out.

After we took these photos we wandered down closer to the lakes edge and saw this guy just hanging in the sun.

12 comments:

Poppyprint said...

It's lovely!! Congratulations on the finish - that is indeed a LOT of thread and even more time. Love the park photos. Glad I wasn't there because I may have acted in a not-so-under-control way had I seen 'that guy' hanging out!!!!

Meredith said...

That is one perfect quilt. You must be delighted.
Did you see me on Masterchef??
Mxx

Cass said...

Wow Helen that quilt is beautiful

Kelly said...

Yay! Congratulations on the finish! Your quilt looks fantastic, I can almost imagine how it would feel with that quilting, awesome! And beautiful location too!

Selina said...

WOW! That is just gorgeous! Well done.

Kate quilts... said...

It's just lovely. I'm always impressed by your quilting.

Emma said...

Beautiful Helen! It looks even better finished. I think this is my favourite (other than mine) of our Round Robin. So, will you be pebbling your next quilt?!

Sarah Craig said...

Beautiful quilt, wonderful quilting (I love that pebbling, but I don't think I have enough patience to do it so I will just enjoy yours!) and even better photography assistants! I find that my quilts look even better when my little photography assistant is in them!

red in oz said...

It looks fantastic Helen, well done to all involved! Love the pebbles.

Riel Nason said...

Two kilometres of thread!!!! It boggles the mind. The quilt is beautiful and I love the pics of your helpers. I always have lots of out takes too!

Shari said...

Another finish! Yaay! I just love it. Looks like the girls do too. What a fun time.

Ann Champion said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love the heavy quilting.
I really enjoyed pics of your "helpers" too. ;)