Monday, May 03, 2010

"The Rules" - My Quilt From Lynne.

My quilt from Lynne arrived today at last. I was quite good, I collected it from the Post Office and didn't open it till I arrived home! It was wrapped in a red ribbon, I untied it and unfolded and unfolded and unfolded again to be left speechless! All I could say was Oh Lynne! Ohhhhhhhhh!

If you obey the rules you miss out on all the fun! As said by Miss Katherine Hepburn. There I am! I am the mark in an explanation mark!

It is amazing! It is beautiful! It is perfect! It is me!! I love it!!! I love all the straight stitching, I love the colours, the colours are just beautiful.

Tonya Ricucci from LazyGal Quilting fame was "blown away" when she saw pictures of it. I have my smirky happy grin on here as I get to look at this beauty every day now! And I know the perfect spot on the wall where everyone who comes over will see it and say If you obey the rules you miss out on all the fun! Thanks again Lynne, it has been a great swap, I couldn't be happier.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome quilt! I love the dot in the "!"

♥Duff said...

Hoooollllly smokes! this is amazing! what a lucky gal you are to receive this stunner! I love the lettering--it's wonky and yet, very readable.

Fun, vibrant colors--totally you, Helen!!

NOw, where are those pin tacks.....☼

Millie said...

Can you see me smiling ten thousand miles away? I am SO HAPPY you like it.

(Now don't you be sticking any pins in it! I added a nice hanging sleeve for that!)

hugs,
Lynne

Poppyprint said...

This is an incredible quilt Lynne!! I'm very inspired to try a letter quilt. I LOVE the yellow background for "fun!" - it's perfect. Lucky friends you two are!!!

Michelle said...

That is great!

sopheecat said...

lovely helen :)

And Lynne!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I cannot imagine how hard it has been for you two to keep these amazing swap quilts 'secret' ... what enormous and wonderful fun!

LOVE your rules . . . Lynne does awesome work (and so do you)!!!!!

Kelly said...

That is one seriously cool quilt!

Cass said...

Helen it looks great and is very you. Well done Lynne

byneedleandthread said...

Yay Lynne! She did an amazing job! Lucky lady! So inspiring! I really need to make some more quilts with words!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

It's been fun to see the sneak peaks of this quilt on Lynne's blog, but the finished quilt is awesome! I'm sure you'll smile every time you look at it:)

Unknown said...

Love it!

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh wow Helen - no wonder you love it! I love the sentiment behind it too.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Lynne really outdid herself - it's an amazing quilt. I love the one you made too!!!! great houses.