Friday, December 12, 2008

Round Robin Top Complete!

I picked up a registered post parcel this morning from the post office and was very very very excitied to find that my Round Robin quilt top has returned home! And when I opened it I just went ohhhhhhhhhhhh, its stunning! Love it! I couldn't be happier. It turned out quite big, hence the wonky photo above, I couldn't quite get over it to get a straight shot. It sits quite nicely on our queen sized bed, makes me think of adding a bit more to make it a quilt for our bed?

So I did the centre square back in February and then AJ sewed from the stripes to the red dotty fabric. I like the contrast of the deep red with little black watermelon pips fabric in the corners making a cut off triangle. And the dainty little flying geese going round in a circle! It looks great!

Then off to Joy it went. She has done this cool stip weave pattern, I really should become more of a "proper" quilter and learn what these blocks are called! Very effective. In the corners she has used her embrodiary machine to sew some little tulip and cherry motifs, I like how the black and white stripes lead your eye into them.

And then at last it went to Emma's house. Emma's border has really framed the quilt. I love all the white and how she has taken the same buds as the centre square to tie it all in. Its very, very nice.

The other Round Robin quilts are in different stages. Joy's is finished and back at her place too, check it out here. I have AJ's ready to post on Monday and I think Emma's is still at Joy's getting the final touches. A great round robin girls, I'm glad I participated, thanks for organizing it Emma.

15 comments:

AJ said...

Cool Helen!!!!! I loved the watermelon fabric too!!

Yep Emma framed it well....maybe another red/black border to hand over the edge of the bed....stunning!!

Car said...

Wow - that looks awesome!

Great job ladies :)

Cass said...

Helen that looks fantastic.

Emma said...

Glad you like it - I found it hard to part with! I photographed it before I sent it, and it's hard because a flimsy is too flimsy to hang. I eventually laid it on the lawn at my parents' and photographed it while hanging out as far as I could off the balcony from their upper floor!

antique quilter said...

just beautiful
each one added an amazing round.
Lucky you!
thats a great idea to make it a bit larger to use on your bed
you will enjoy it everyday.

Trisha said...

What an amazing group of quilters to make such a gorgeous Round Robin! It is simply stunning!

Tina said...

you are really lucky to have such a great group that produced such a lovely end product! how fun to have it back!

Libby said...

Ooooh, lucky you! That turned out very nice...

Shari said...

What an amazing quilt! Very successful... love the black and white and red, so fresh... a very talented group of ladies...

Suz said...

Wow - you've all done a great job. I love love love the colour combination.

sammyjo said...

i love it! its really beautiful, you ladies did a wonderful job with it!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Your quilt is a stunner. You've all done a great job to complete it.

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh it's just glorious!!!!!!!!!! The girls did a fantastic job. Lucky, lucky you Helen!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! What a treasure!!

susan said...

wow awesome round robin top!!
i am so afraid of doing one of these! such talented people in your group