Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fantastic Christmas Pressies!

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! Survive? We did, only just though! It was all a bit rushed, rushed, rushed. Next year I might put my foot down and say Christmas is here and all the family can come to our place instead! Anyway...... look at the best two pressies a girl could get!

Photo from Punch With Judy website.

A pink Bobbin Winder! How cool is this?! No more unthreading my machine to wind up a bobbin when half way through doing something. It runs on 2 AA batteries or plugs into the wall. So simple even Grace worked out how to use it! Thanks Ad, what a legend of a sister!

Photo from Amy's Etsy shop.

And this stunning block arrived from Amy Schimler at Red Fish Circle on Christmas Eve, a little pressie to myself. It's 7 x 7 inches, it is just beautiful, I love the texture even though it is smooth to touch. Don't know quite what to do with it yet, it will be the centre of some wall quilt I am sure.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I wanted one of those bobbin winders so bad! I did get a serger, so I guess I can't complain in the sewing department. A bobbin winder sounds a lot easier to learn how to use though!

Trisha said...

Congrats on the great gifts! I got a bobbin winder also! My kids got it for me and I was SO excited. Mine's white, love your pink one!!

Tine said...

Wonderful gifts! Let me know what you think of the sidewinder :) I have been wondering if they are as useful as they look. I SO SO want one, you can tell, right?!

I put my foot down two years ago, and said Christmas would be at our house! It involves lots and lots of groceryshopping, cleaning and cooking -but it has been so worth it :)

Shari said...

I've been eyeing those bobbin winders for a little while now so will watch with interest how it goes. And what a neat block... is it screen printed or printed from a computer onto fabric? I'm just amazed by today's technologies. Glad Christmas was so nice for you and your family!

Cass said...

Great pressie's Helen.

Little Munchkins said...

Great Christmas pressies! Love the pink bobbin winder.

Amy Schimler-Safford said...

Can't wait to see what you make!

jacquie said...

and it's pink!!!! how fab is that. i would LOVE one of those. so, how long do you think it would take me to teach my husband what a bobbin winder is?

Cylie said...

THOSE PANELS - WOW!!! Please share where they came from. They look great, can't wait to see what you do with them.