Wednesday, March 10, 2010

WIP Wednesday - Sarah's Quilt Finished.

I have discovered in the jungle that is our backyard, part of the fence has some wire hung on it which makes a handy place to hang a quilt when finished. I'll admit being out in the backyard scares me, there is always a rustling in the leaves. Wouldn't be a snake, just a lizard...

So on Saturday I avoided watching Garfield, thank goodness. I finally let the girls watch the second Harry Potter movie, they have been nagging me for months. I figured if I said yes at last, they would sit quietly so I could get the binding on. And my plan worked!

So I am all done. Just have to wait for the lady in question to have her baby and name her, so I can do the label.

I love the back.

And a close up of the stippling. I have already unpicked the white around the remaining 4 blocks for the next quick whip it together baby quilt.

8 comments:

wishes, true and kind said...

Very pretty quilt. I love the soft shifting of the colors. And the back is great, too.

QuiltyBee said...

Such a lovely finish.This will be treasured.

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Beautiful! I loves me some pink and purple!!! She is going to love it. No more Garfield - Yeah for you! I used to tell my daughter that said movie had to "rest" and WOULD only play 2 times a day. Sneaky I know. But it worked. hehe Jenn

Emma said...

That's a beautiful quilt! Perfect for a baby girl.

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love how vibrant your fabrics are :)

Poppyprint said...

Great job! Rustling in the leaves??? I'd be on the run!

Cass said...

Looks great Helen.

KateKwiltz said...

Gorgeous! And OMG, I LOVE the back!