Wednesday, March 31, 2010

WIP Wednesday - Strippy Binding - And a Worthy Winner!

I have finished quilting this Stacked Coin baby quilt. I used a pale pink polyester thread, ek, never again. The colour is lovely, it works well, but being a cheap and nasty brand it broke everytime I got any speed up on the machine. So there was twice as many threads as usual to sew in. Oh well.... Just pinning down the binding and then ready to hand sew in place. Then I can turn my attention to my next project, a little swap with the lovely Lynne!

Thank you for all the lovely comments. I'm working my way through answering them all. I wish I had 130 quilts to give away. Interestingly enough, about a third of the comments had their reply set up to "no reply blogger". Which means if you leave a comment on someones blog they can't email you back to reply to that comment. Some people may prefer it that way or some may not just realize that they haven't got their email linked up to receive email responses. Lisa wrote a great post back here on how you can check. She explains it better than I could!

So back to the drawing barrel! Good old Random Org pulled Epiphany's name from the barrel! Congratulations Sue!!! Thanks everyone for entering, see you back at the 700th post giveaway!

5 comments:

Poppyprint said...

Love stripes on the binding! I was a no reply blogger until someone pointed it out to me..I never knew, seeing as I wasn't commenting on my own blog, hehe.

Sue said...

I'd like to thank the Academy, and my Mum...

ROFL!!

SERIOUSLY, I'd like to thank Helen and Mr Random who drew my name!!!

Thank you so much Helen, your work means heaps to me. :)

AJ said...

Love the stripes! I have some of it here for binding too!!

sopheecat said...

I use bobby pins for stitch markers, nice to see Im not the only one pulling out the hair accessories for double duty.

Your like a broken record, but your right, I didn't realise about the whole reply thing. (thank you helena for fixing that for me!)

BTW i think mr random is rigged. hehehe...

sopheecat said...

crap i hope that didnt sound rude... Im too lazy to delete it and reply again. hehehe