Friday, March 05, 2010

2.5 hours of quilting!

Here is my new darning foot in action! 2.5 hours of stippling in peace, three bobbins of thread, one diet coke, one school pick up and then one Garfield DVD equals this:

Now to ponder over binding and then sew it on. Daz has his first of many "Professional Development" days tomorrow so I will be solo with the girls. May be perfect to sit in front of the tv and chill with them while sewing the binding down. But I refuse to watch Garfield with them!

10 comments:

AJ said...

Nice Helen! I'd be inclined to use the same border fabric for the binding...it looks framed and finished as it is!

MandMStudio said...

Awesome, I love the colors:)

QuiltyBee said...

Oooo, lovely finish. I gotta work on my stippling so I can grow up to be like you :)

Stephanie Hughes said...

Great job Helen, I love this. Great job on the quilting too. Can't wait to see it bound.

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Very nice quilt! I get you on the whole Garfield DVD thing. My daughter's latest is Ice Age. She recorded it on DVR before we had a huge snow storm last month and while it saved us from boredom til the cable came back on (5 days without), I really don't feel the need to watch it every.single.evening. since then...Good luck on the binding. Jenn

Poppyprint said...

Goodness, there's no stopping you now! Way to go!

Natalie said...

Just beautiful Helen, the fabrics are just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Love this. Enjoy your day sans Garfield!

Angie said...

2 Hours?! That is VERY Impressive. It looks great.

Lily Mulholland said...

Cute! I agree with AJ on the binding.