Monday, March 22, 2010

Stacked Coins.

What do you do when you break a needle trying to do reverse stitching with your walking foot on? You fling the Round Robin you are quilting across the other side of the ironing board, break out the Lila Tueller Santorini charm squares, slice them in half, sew them randomly in four piles, sash with 4 inches of white and instant quilt top for another girlfriend who is due in a few weeks. I don't know if she is having a girl or boy, hopefully a girl.

Have realized that this is my 599th post. Just around the corner from the big 600! It's giveaway time I think, you'll have to come back. Meanwhile gaze up at the massive Ghost Gum tree in our backyard.

13 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Quick, easy and beautiful - great quilt Helen! (and, yes, let's hope it's a girl!)

600 posts - you chatterbox!

AJ said...

Love the 'stacked coin' pattern...simple and effective! Might have to do one of these for a little girl that arrived this week!

Terrie Sandelin said...

I'm just about to do a chinese coins baby quilt myself. Love how charm packs make it even easier. Yours is just lovely. And the tree is amazing.

Cass said...

How did you get so far ahead of me. Obviously I'm not doing enough!

Unknown said...

Your coin quilt is so pretty, so Spring-like!

I need to finish hand quilting mine... been working on it for months now!

Poppyprint said...

600 posts! That's huge!! So's that gorgeous tree. The stacked coin quilt is lovely (sorry about the needle breakage - I hate that, especially when the presser foot-lift jams and it costs $200 to have your machine repaired...just sayin').

Unknown said...

Stunning - the quilt and the tree! Maybe that's what I need to do - something quick and easy. All my WIP are complicated and I just can't get motivated on any of them.

Meredith said...

599!! Well done. Can't wait for # 600. And for the next 600 after that. By the way, what happened to Friday's photos??

AJ said...

Stalking your blog to be the first on the 600th post!!

:P

Frieda said...

Really lovely. Such a simple pattern really shows off the fabrics!!!!!

KateKwiltz said...

What a great, easy quilt! Sometimes you just need to make something that works RIGHT NOW -- very cute!

And a very cool tree!

Vals Quilting said...

What an awesome photo - LOVE it! I also love the adorable quilt hanging on the fence so springy and cheery :)
Valerie
http://www.pastimesonline.ca/vals-quilting/

sopheecat said...

That was all gobbledy gook to me. Except for the flinging bit. I get that.