Friday, July 30, 2010

My Quilt From AJ!

I received the best mail yesterday. A belated birthday pressie from AJ! It was wrapped in a meter of Farmers Market which will come in handy!Its fantastic!!! She has made a wall hanging from my published Bye Bye Birdie quilt! She is the yellow bird, that is blonde and on the right hand side of Australia and I am the red bird, red hair on on the left hand side of this big country we both live in! Her pebble quilting is amazing! I meet AJ online from blogging and a parenting/quilting forum. In December though we get to meet in person! Looking forward to that!! Shopping, chatting, more shopping!

I have hung it at my sewing desk, where I can see it all the time. Remind me of the friendships that can be made online from the love of quilting. That will get me through the days when I feel like I am the only girl in town who knows what a wonky log cabin is! Thanks AJ, not only for this sweet little quilt, but for your friendship and encouragement and those late night chats on MSN. :) How many sleeps till meeting at Christmas?

6 comments:

AJ said...

about 140ish...not long at all!! Gald you like it Helen!

Emma said...

What a perfect gift! Well done, AJ!

Shari said...

What a wonderful present! Hope you have fun when you get together!!

Millie said...

Great quilt! I also love to see different workrooms!

Kate said...

Hey, I didn't realise you made this pattern. I saw it ages ago in a magazine and loved it. I've only just put two and two together! Love it!

Lily Mulholland said...

Gorgeous! Well done AJ!