Sunday, July 11, 2010

A whirlwind few days...

Well it has been a busy week with the new car and family here. We have done a lot! Been to Ivanhoe Crossing.

Finally climbed up Kelly's Knob for a view of our town.

Here is Don pointing the way back to Rottnest!

What's a trip to Kununurra without going and feeding the fish at Zebra Rock Gallery!

Think petrol is expensive your way??!! We braced ourselves for the first time we filled the tank! And that is for only half a tank! We then drove back to El Questro and stayed at Emma Gorge Resort like we did last time.

On the drive out we popped into Molly Springs on the way.

Emma Gorge is as beautiful as always. Way to cold for me to swim but Daz, Don and the girls went in for a brisk dip.

Then the boys had a spot of fishing along the Pentecost River.

This view makes up for that horror of a few weeks report writing!

And on the way home we checked out Wyndham which I found bleak and depressing and was so thankful that we got Kununurra as a posting rather than out there!

5 comments:

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thanks for sharing the great pictures. It looks like you had a ball!
I got a HUGE shock when I saw what you were paying for fuel. I vow not to complain too much ever again!!

Darling Millie said...

OMIGOODNESS! I converted the Australian dollars to USD and I was shocked to find out how much you paid for gas!

Great pics, great vacation!

carol said...

Looks like you had a lovely trip...except for the price of gas, of course. Too bad for that!

Poppyprint said...

Okay, that is one BIG croc!!! Hey, how come it's so hot..isn't it wintertime? hehe. Thanks for sharing your adventures - bummer about the gas, I was just whining because ours is $1.18/L (Canadian $) here in Vancouver.

Valerie said...

Oh my, I'll never complain about paying $1.05/Litre again!

(Who am I kidding, yes I will, but $1.61 is outrageous!)