Thursday, July 15, 2010

Keep River National Park.

We have been across the border a few times to the Keep River National Park. So we packed the grandparents and drove the new car across the border into the frontier that is the Northern Territory!

I am still amazed at all the walking of trails and gorges that we have done in the last 6 months, the girls still love doing it. They don't complain about it being boring, they set off always going first, sometimes even holding hands!

My favourite shot of the day.

We did the Gurrandalng Walk. Gurrandalng means Brogla Dreaming. In the dreamtime two Aboriginal people traveled from the sea to here. They collected grass and bushes, made a large nest and started to jump around and make noises like a Gurrandalng (Brogla). As the country listened they changed into Broglas. This place is named Gurrandalm - the place of the Gurrandalng.


At the top there was a fantastic view. Here is Milly with her red cheeks, placing a rock on a pile of rocks already there, one rock for every person that has walked here she said.

I feel like at times my blog is a huge advertisement for the Kimberley area and I'll admit I started the other blog to post only photos of our travels there, I didn't want to bore all my quilty friends with photos of gorges and rugged plains. But everyone has left such glowing comments of the adventures we have up here, I am including them in this blog too. The other blog has now become the one to go to if you don't want to see the quilting stuff! Enjoy.

2 comments:

thehummingcat said...

Really not sure about those boots Milly is wearing (fashion wise)! Grace seems to of gotten taller, both still beautiful as.

Millie said...

It's lovely to see pictures of your trips. Keep them coming!