Well I finished the above green block yesterday for the centre of my slice and dice quilt top. I didn't do it the way as my tutorial as I didn't want 9 blocks, just one! I just cut out bits of green scrap and placed them over a blue block for a rough guide. Lucky with this style of block, being accurate isn't quite a necessity! My kind of quilting! So after I finished the green block, the rest of the quilt came together really quickly. I added a sashing of 2.5 inchs of white around the sides of the blocks in the centre and then 3.5 around the outer boarder. All in white, but it has a very faint white on white dot print, a lakehouse fabric, quite nice this print, bummer I only have a scrap of 30cms left now from 2 metres!
So I have it all ready to sandwich here. The blocks ended up being 8.5 inches too, just the right size. Am thinking of a little star in the centre of each block. A wonky star of course!
Other news, I have just listed some new fabric in the Humming Mini Shop. Do not look if you are on a fabric buying ban though!