Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Work In Progress Week 28 - Boring Binding


Word of the week here straight from Miss Grace "I'm 4 and a big kindy kid" is boring. Everything is boring, said in a whingy tone saying watch out when I'm 13! And so that describes exactly todays WIP! Boring old binding!

I have two projects on the go. Doing the binding of Elliott's pinwheel quilt, below. I have three sides done. And also the dissappearing 9 patch started last week. I have finished all the quilting on this, amazing how fast it all falls together when you don't do "fancy" quilting! Also I have overlocked the edges of the quilt once the binding is attatched, which so far seems to help the edges lay flat. Either that or I am being a bit more careful with my measurements. I ended up going for a yellow binding too on this one as didn't have anything suitable in the dark blue department.

9 comments:

AJ said...

The yellow will look great Helen...I said blue cause I'm a big fan of blue at the moment!!
Off to check out 'your' fabric shops!!

thehummingcat said...

I don't think Cates ever said shes bored? But she is a winger!

Cass said...

Helen love the quilt. Charlotte's favourites at the moment "you never play with me" or "if you don't do it I'll scream"

Samantha said...

Work on those 2 gorgeous quilts can't be boring- even if it is just binding!

Helen in the UK said...

Hang on in there - the binding will be done soon. Sometimes I stitch during the advert breaks on the TV - all those 5 minutes add up and you don't miss anything important!! Love the backing on the pinwheels quilt :)

Natalie said...

Oooooh they are looking fabulous! I love the yellow binding, brings out the brighter colours against the blues. Jordan has just started with the "I'm bored", or "that's boring" following some of my suggestions - don't know how he could possible be with the amount of toys, games, and craft materials he has!

atet said...

Luckily my 2 year old hasn't gotten to the "boring" stage. Though if she is bored, she lets us know -- loudly, and quickly. eeek! The quilts are lovely -- the binding may be boring, but they are both turning out to be stunning.

Angela said...

Nothing beats getting over the binding blues than posting a great photo on Flashback Friday tomorrow! HURRAH

Lily Mulholland said...

Yup, binding is boring, but hey!

I love the backing fabric you've used on Elliott's quilt. The pinwheels are cool - am toying of playing with some soon!