Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday Sewing Bee

Last "official" day of school holidays here and so what does a girl do? Pack the children and the sewing machine in the car and drive 30 minutes to her sister's house to have a sewing day! I got a whole heap done on the Dissappearing 9 Patch quilt which was fantastic. I am loving working on this one at the moment, its coming along nicely. Thank you all for your lovely comments about it in my last post too. Like any blogger, I love getting comments, its such a buzz to know somebody out there reads!

So here we are, Andy is plowing through her raggedy edges quilt for Cate's bed. We had a helper "Little Black Cat" who kept lying on my work and I am not a cat person, I had to keep poking him to make him move! We had a lunch break where we went to Textile Traders where I got some fabric "just because" but I also picked up some quilters masking tape which I have never used before but is just perfect for a guide for me to do the border of this quilt. Just simple lines about 1.5 cms apart. Time to start thinking about the binding colour..... yellow or dark blue?

10 comments:

Leah said...

What a great idea - I love sewing with company :)

Cass said...

Looks like you had a great time. You tow don't look like sisters. That will be Charlotte and Lucy. Lucy taking after you Helen with the lovely red hair.

Unknown said...

Looks like fun. I miss my sister *sniff*. The straight lines look really effective too.

thehummingcat said...

OMG ~ I look terrible!
Can you put up one of your wedding pics?

Unknown said...

Wow looks like fun. But where are the drinks? I like that kitty got a feature in the photo as well.

AJ said...

I see reds!! Wish my sisters were into sewing...oh well Helen you make a good subsitute...:) I'm still loving the d9p and vote for a dark blue binding...quilting tape...never heard of it...makes for good quiltitng without marking the fabric...enough dribble...catch you later!

Karen said...

I love this quilt Helen, I told my mum to check out your blog to see it as she's looking for a new quilt to try and this one is fabulous.

For what it's worth, I vote for dark blue binding too!!

Lily Mulholland said...

Just found you on the EB Sewing Buddies ring and thought I'd drop on by.

Ahem, my cat loves to 'help' too!

Love a good sewing bee too :)

Austysmum said...

Looks great Helen - I look forward to making one myself. The cat looks gorgeous too - I used to have one exacvtly like him and she was very stubborn about moving off whatever I was working on!

I think dark blue would set off your quilt beutifully.

Kylie said...

Oh look at the naughty kitty - I am with you Helen and not a cat person either! The d9p looks great - I will have to give it a try one day and yes - where are those drinks!