Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Millys Party Frock!
Well I finally finished Millys birthday party frock! I know I said a new posts back I was going to use that lovely Alexander Henry fabric but I had a change of heart. Thought I'd do a trial one before using the "good" fabric but I think this one came out quite nicely and she'll be wearing this on the big day next week!
I altered the pattern with the tier width, took 2 inches off the top and bottom tier. And for the back of the halter neck bodice, it said to insert two lengths of elastic but I decided to do 6 rows of shirring instead. The ribbon could have been tied tighter around her neck for these shots but her curls got in the way, I didn't want to put her off wearing it! She loves it though, twirls around and keeps patting it. Look at that expression on her face below, "As if your going to get this dress off me Mum!" Can't believe she's 2 next week.......