All is not well in the sewing land of Helen! Going through a really fustrated and why the heck am I doing this phase. My sewing time has been so disjointed lately, 20 minutes snatched here and there, maybe an hour if I'm lucky when the girls are asleep at night but then I find I am too tired myself and so just keep making mistakes and unpicking everything I sew. I've lost my sewing groove.
I am working on two dresses for Milly at the moment for her party in two weeks time. One looks way to big, even though its a size 2 and I have followed the measurements and the seam allowances religiously. Have to try it on her yet, but it just looks huge, like it would fit Grace better. And the other one is just a shirring number but the hassle I am having with the straps and top hem! Pulling my hair out!
So was thinking last night as I was unpicking, will solider on and finish these two dresses and then put all my clothes patterns away and turn my attention back to patchwork. I have the following I would like to make:
1. Bolster for Cate's birthday. Strawberry Shortcake flannel?
Birthday 4th November.
2. Chicken cushions for Stu and Ollie for Christmas?
3. Little bags for Cate and Ruby's Christmas pressies.
4. Michelle's baby quilt. Due February?
5. Sue's baby quilt.
6. Meredith's 40th quilt. Birthday mid January.
7. Kelly's baby quilt. Due May?
8. Nic's baby quilt. C date 5th May
9. Jo's baby quilt. Due June.
So I think its time to start on that list. And hopefully I'll have some sewing success......