Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Latest Twirly Skirt!

Finished another twirling skirt for Grace today. Got smart this time and asked her what fabric she would like. She choose this white print with flowers and butterflies, think it was the butterflies which did it. Got some of the non roll elastic in the waist band, it sits really nicely and funnily enough it doesn't roll! Its very gathered, I think the bottom tier of plain pink was just over 4 metres long! Still she loves it, took about 20 shots before she would just stand still! Am going to get a plain pink T shirt and applique a butterfly on the front to match. Put it on the to do list!

8 comments:

Belinda said...

Very pretty Helen. But I LOVE the pink/brown one too. Both look great.

Andrea said...

I LOVE the different width of the fabric, very cute and very summery! I like the idea for hte shirt too.

brazen's crafts said...

love this one too!!! so pretty!

lolliegirl said...

I love it!!! Gorgeous! I love the pink/brown as well.. both are lovely. You've done a great job! :)

Helen said...

Awww thanks girls! Got all inspired after posting the picts earlier and have half whipped up a similar one for Milly, same material. Not usually one for matching outfits but loving that pink butterfly and flowers print!

Cass said...

Helen, love it. Love the different widths of the layers. Might have to try that next time. She seems pretty happy with this one altough the pink/brown one was good too. I used the non-roll elastic in the last one I made and today Charlotte wore the first one (normal elastic) and you can really tell the difference.

Unknown said...

Another fabulous skirt! You are really mastering these, they just get better and better. I am another fan of the different widths for the teirs. I might try that next time.

brazen's crafts said...

ohh i love the photo of you now! so nice to 'see' you!