Wednesday, September 17, 2008

WIP Wednesday - Week 34 - EB Quilters Dolls Quilt progress

WIP Wednesday, my favourite day of the week! My house is totally silent today, Daz has gone back to work, Milly at FDC and Grace at school, so the house is all mine! Promised myself some blogging time and a coffee and then I'll hit the machine. A dear and sage old friend told me yesterday that I should embrace these Wednesdays as my own as they won't be around much longer as the year ends and gets busier!

So I have two projects on the go today. Above is a sneek peak of my EB Quilters Dolls Quilt Swap. Just a sneeky angle shot. No one else has posted sneek peak shots yet and being a small group of quilters for this swap, it may become more apparant who my swapee is..... I'm really happy with how this has turned out. And will admit once I had the pattern traced onto my paper and all the fabric cut and ready to go, it only took a night of sewing to finish it.

I loved the pattern so much the next day I selected more fabric, in a pink and purple colourway and decided to make another. So maybe the rainbow one woun't be my Dolls Quilt after all? Maybe I'll send the pink and purple one? Or maybe I'll get inspired again and select another colourway? Oh the possiblitlies!

Here's were I am up to now. I realized earlier in the week when I was looking back at my old blog post about last years dolls quilt swap, the fabric I am using for the centre square, Corrie actually enclosed that in her package as an extra goodie. How's that for tying together the two swaps without realizing it? :)

16 comments:

Car said...

One word...

WOW

Amy Hodge said...

I love the crisp white lines of this. I'd like to see exactly how you achieve this. Maybe you can put together a tutorial while you're working up the second one. ;)

Lisa said...

Helen, that sneak peek looks pretty awesome! Is it your own pattern?

Unknown said...

Whoever is getting that quilt is very lucky! It's gorgeous. The colours are so vibrant and your design is amazing.

Mom said...

LOVE it!!!
I want one :-)

Dani said...

Holy Cow that is sooooo cool! Fantastic wook, you should be very happy with that.

Austysmum said...

Wipwheeeooo (that's a wolf whistle sound by the way!) Stunning and fun as usual Helen!

Cass said...

Helen looks fantastic can't wait to see the finished quilt when it arrives at my house LOL

Emma said...

Perfect - the colours (on both), the points, the centre fabric....

Kicsoda said...

OK, it was`nt fair, a silent house for a DAY?:-))
I love the way you used the white pieces! So colorful, like a rainbow:-)

KateKwiltz said...

This is GORGEOUS! The angles, the colors, with the white -- it's beautiful!

thehummingcat said...

I think the WIP pink and purple one couls come to your fave nice for her 6th Birthday?? Maybe in the form of a cushion?

Tine said...

That looks wonderful Helen!! I love the rainbow, and the pink and purple combination is looking stunning too...

Anonymous said...

They are both stunning!! Did you design the pattern yourself?

El Almacén de Telas said...

All your works are awesome! I really loved seeing them, the colours, the fabrics... You can see love in them.
Congratulations!

Patricia (from Argentina)

AJ said...

Stunning Helen....always are...I think your niece would love a pink and purple cushion!! :)