Wednesday, September 24, 2008

WIP Wednesday - Week 35 - Spiral Doll Quilts Progress

Despite having a sick household over the weekend, Daz has got a man-cold, insert rolling the eyes at the man on his "death bed" over a little head cold, you know what its like! Milly had a horrid 4 day long stomach virus, 2 days of vomiting and then 2 days of lying on the couch sleeping and watching DVD's, poor poppet. But the plus side was that I managed to get quite a bit of sewing done as my machine is on table which butts up to the couch Milly was on, so I could supervise her and sew! Perfect! So I finished this dolls quilt, the pink and purple one. Well I finished the top and the quilting, its ready to bind. It is wonky in the top left corner cause I took this photo of it while it was hanging on the felt wall. Pondering over binding colour, maybe a orange to bring out the flower in the centre square?

And I finished this one too. I only put a sneek peak shot up last week as I thought it was going to be for the EB Quilters Doll Swap, but now I have it finished I am thinking, nope I'll do something else. I mean I really like this, love the colours and the movement but am thinking is it enough for the swap? Its a simple design and it didn't take that long to sew, will my swap partner be happy with that? Then I got to fiddling around with the image in Photoshop.... cut off two of the triangle borders and rotated the squares to come up with the below pattern.

So I am now going to whip up this one and see which one looks better for the swap. One for my swapee's wall, one for mine. :)

9 comments:

AJ said...

THey look like little windows! I;m sure your partner would be happy with anything from you...I know I would be!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous work, Helen. How is it that usually the mom doesn't get sick? the entire house would be at a standstill!!! Stay healthy!

Tine said...

I think they are all stunning, and that they are all enough for a swap!!
You do such beautiful work! I have found the perfect place for my geese, did I tell you? Now I'll just have to take a picture and show you where they live :-)

KateKwiltz said...

Helen, these are beautiful. It's a fantastic design, and the color placement is wonderful! Don't EVER underestimate your work, it's fantastic, and your swap partner is a VERY lucky person!

Natalie said...

They both look fantastic! I especially love the first one, but no surprises as to how much I am a 'pink and purple' girl lol! Sometimes a nice simple design can look just stunning, as you have shown here.

Cass said...

Helen oh no about the illnesses. We have been sick too it's a real pain. Love the quilts as usual. PS I gave you an award on my blog

Xena said...

Love the original the most. So vibrant an bold. Been watching this one in progress loving it before even construction. Sometime simple is even better for such great colour combinations.

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous Helen! You do such great work - very talented :o)

Samantha said...

You could make one of these for me and I'd be the happiest girl ever.

Hope everyone is well again.