Sunday, September 14, 2008

Baby Bumble Bee.

Lily, an online quilting buddy had a beautiful baby boy a few weeks ago and although I made a few blocks for the group quilt that Emma whipped up for her, I wanted to make a little something as well for her to hang in his room. So I finished this little bumble bee hanger. Its from that UFO applique wall hanging I found back in June that I had totally forgotten about. Its too horrible to complete by itself but cut up, its looking good. It is the same hanger I got the house block from, its great cutting it up and giving it a new life. The bee is hand blanket stitched, back in the days when I had time to hand blanket stitch! And then machine quilted, a perfect size to practise some crazy swirls and stippling.

8 comments:

AJ said...

Love a qute bumble bee!!
That's the talent I'm talking about!! How come I can't do that!!! Can you teach me ...pleeeeeease!!!!

Emma said...

Very cute! I love your tiny stippling! I think it's great you've found a way to finish your abandoned UFO!

Lisa said...

Helen, I love your quilting!!!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

So bright and cute

Tine said...

The quilting is stunning! And that little bee will be perfect for a little boys room. The colors are so nice and cheerful :-)

Austysmum said...

Helen I am in awe of your FMQ! So fun and so detailed. So beautiful!

Lily Mulholland said...

Thank you thank you thank you Helen! I love it and so does Tristan!!

Kicsoda said...

Such a lovely quilt!!! The quilting is really cool!!