Tuesday, September 09, 2008

June Mini Quilt Swap Recieved!

I recieved some unexpected mail yesterday. This sweet little mini quilt from the amazing Susan. It is so tiny and cute, 6 x 7 inches. It was for the June round of the 6 - 12 inch mini quilt swap that I signed up for. June? Huh, but it's September? My swapee never sent the mini she made me, well I don't think she even made one, her replies were always focused on hoping to get in her sewing room later in the week. Okay.............. I don't understand why someone would sign up for a swap if they can't commit to it. If some thing comes up and you can't do the swap, at least return what you recieved. Part of me is a bit cross that the sweet little house now belongs to someone who didn't go through with their end of the swap. And then part of me just shrugs it off as swap experience, I've done a few swaps now and this is the first that was been a dud experience.

But Susan is a legend and whipped up this little beauty as a replacement which was very sweet of her. Thank you Susan, you are one hot swap mama!

11 comments:

Tine said...

It is sweet! Susan is one great friend :-)
I'm sorry you had a bad swap :-(

Lisa said...

Susan is a gem!!! I love the dots!!!

Anonymous said...

As a December birthday I've been short changed in a number of swaps. Thank goodness for the Susan's of the world ;o) Lovely quilt.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Thank you so much for stopping my blog and the birthday wishes, you are in the giveaway. Good Luck, Jane

Hedgehog said...

Susan sent me a similar mini - same story. Love the colors!

susan said...

oh stop you guys...i was just doing my "job", hehe. i am happy you are happy with your dots! i truly believe in my heart you will get your mini one day!! really!
yea, i think you have to have that attitude with swaps...sometimes they just dont happen the way we would like.... :o(
but it all works out in the end, right???

Beth said...

Oh, what a cute quilt and what a nice surprise since you didnt get one in June!

Cass said...

That's a great little quilt Helen. The one you made should have been returned to you and then you could have it hanging on your wall

Anonymous said...

Oh I am sorry to hear about your swap partner. And to think I complained about not-getting a thank you - at least I got a quilt!!!

Nice one Susan!!

red in oz said...

Glad you got something in place of your missing swap. That must restore your faith a little. I had that happen to me once in a Secret Santa, but at least I hadn't spent hours working on it.

jacquie said...

i'm so sorry about your swap experience. that's such a great group too. i haven't been able to participate lately...way to busy...some folks just over commit...i guess.