Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Doll Quilt Wrap Up

Well after 2 months of signing up and sewing, today was the big unwrap day for the EB Quilters of the 2007 Dolls Quilt Swap! 12 of us signed up, we all agreed to open on the same day for a bit of fun and I recieved Corrie who sent me this sweet quilt below. I love it! One figure is Grace and the other Milly! It is just so cute, I do have a weakness for wonky log cabins and Corrie's use of colour is perfect!


And she also enclosed a selection of yummy fabrics, thank you Corrie! The one on the very right, that's my favourite, definately inspiration for getting back into sewing the girls some summer twirly skirts.

And my swapee was Lily. I followed her guidelines of liking rasberry and lime green, well sort of... is pink rasberry? And I tried really hard to get it to a particular measurement, I'm an inch out on the top, but spot on across. So here is my effort, hope you like it Miss Romily!



And seeing as though it has been a focus on dolls quilts lately under the machine, I made this one for my neice Cate who was 5 on the weekend.

12 comments:

thehummingcat said...

Great job Corrie, I love it!
And the 2 other doll quilts are divine too, Cates using hers now for her Littlest Pet Shops!

Emma said...

Oooh, I wish I'd been in ths! Helen, of the doll quilts I've seen so, far, I have to say yours are my pick. The colours you've used just SING!

Lily Mulholland said...

Helen!!!!!!!!!! Wowowowowowow I love it! And so does Romily! Thanks so much - it's just perfect and your quilting is just fabulous. Not to mention the piecing. Wow!!

Go check out my blog to see the very happy Romily!

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh yeah and thanks for the choc too! My head says bad girl and my heart says 'wub'!!

Samantha said...

Oh, i love them all! And what great fabric treats, too!

Unknown said...

Oh so much lovely dolly quilty goodness here! Well done helen and corrie. What fabulous swaps.

Helen in the UK said...

What a super quilt you received. Great log cabins you made too :)

Natalie said...

Wow Helen, I love the quilts you've made, they are so bright and colourful.

The quilt Corrie made is just adorable, I love the two skipping girls being Grace and Milly, that is very cute.

- great job girls!

AJ said...

Noice! Interesting! Different! Yeah noice!!

Love it Helen...:)

Andrea said...

All of the quilts are just lovely! I love the softness of Corrie's, and yet the brightness of yours is delightful too. Well done girls, I wish I had the time to have a go, maybe next time!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful eye candy.
Isn't Corrie so generous.
Love those skipping girls

atet said...

What fun little doll quilts!