Wednesday, August 01, 2007

WIP Wednesday Week 29 - Finished Pinwheels!

Well I started this blog to inspire me to actually finish projects and it worked today! At the start of today I still had a metre of binding to hand sew down and I thought, hey its WIP Wednesday Helen, better do something so you can blog it. So I sat on the couch this afternoon as the girls were glued to Bindi the Jungle Girl and finished it off. So this WIP Wednesday is a finished item!!

All started here, when we meet Elliott, so 2 months this one has taken. Embarrassingly enough we have not seen the little man since this day. Last time we visited he was asleep, now the quilt is done, we'll have to visit when he is awake!

Not too sure about the white binding, but too late now to change that and no other colour would go. Just nice to have finished it. You can't see the swirly quilting in the boarders in these shots though, but it is there! Better shot in this post here.


13 comments:

AJ said...

Too funny Helen...i just like being the first to comment each week!!! and your a few hours behind remember.....and i DON"T like waiting...lol

AJ said...

PS Love the quilt...i quite like the white binding...and so envious of those swirls...*sigh* wish I could do them!

Helen said...

LOL AJ! :) PM me your mobile and I can SMS you when its loaded!!!

AJ said...

Oh I love the idea of instant updates....lol too funny!!!

Kylie said...

Helen - it looks great! Love Love Love it!

Libby said...

I love the white binding too and also the little bitty white inner border - it works so well! Another great quilt...

Karen said...

You make the most amazing quilts Helen - what a lovely gift. I too like the white borders - they really bring the colours out, especially in the centre panel.

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on your finish! Love the quilt - very bright and cheerful :)

fallen~from~grace said...

It's gorgeous Helen. I like the white binding on it, its come together so well [ very jealous ;)]

Leah said...

I know I say it every time you finish something, but WOW. Love it! I'll have to have another baby so you can make me a quilt! ;)

Amanda Jean said...

I love this quilt! I admire it a ton because I can appreciate the hard work piecing those triangles.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. Love the backing fabric too. I like your white binding.

Lily Mulholland said...

My last baby quilt took six months, so don't feel bad!!