Wednesday, August 04, 2010

WIP Wednesday - DQS#9 Progress.

My darling husband is away at the moment, on school camp with 55 year 7 students (aged 12 and 13). I spoke to him last night and he sounded exhausted! But with his absence in the house, I have set up a second sewing station! One machine in the usual space with walking foot on, ready to sew binding. And my old trusty Brother Super Ace 3 to do the FMQ. Excellent plan!

So I have finished all the white swirls on the pink and purple version for DQS#9. Just have to change the thread and do the blue wheel in the middle, then all ready for the binding.

Talking of binding, just got a little more to sew down and then the red and blue version is finished! Then the decision of which to keep and which to post away to my partner.

7 comments:

AJ said...

Please keep the pink!

No WIP from me this week :( too busy with baby cuddles! Although I did go to SL this week!

Jo said...

Both of these quilts are lovely, and would be gratefully received by all in this swap.

Manda said...

Looks fantastic! I think your partner is lucky whichever one they get! :)

carol said...

They're both gorgeous, but I am partial to the one with the blue in the middle so if I'm your partner, that's the one I want! Okay?

Dandelion Wishes said...

Your work is lovely! Poor hubbie on Year 7 camp- I can relate to that as I am also a teacher of Yr 7s! Enjoy the peace and be ready for his return!

Shari said...

Looks like you're getting a lot done! Have fun!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Just what I'm working on right now--the binding