Saturday, August 28, 2010

August Around the Block.

I'm just scrapping in with the blocks for the August round of Around The Block. It's the last block of the round. Some of us are playing again in September. I have enjoyed this block swap as I sewed with colour combination's I wouldn't normally use and I sewed blocks I wouldn't normally sew. So it was nice stepping out of the sewing square. August's block from MJ was a good example. She wanted an Indian Star block with blue and cream fabrics that she supplied. As it is the last exchange of the swap, she requested that we use a scrap of our own fabric, so that each block has our unique stamp and served as a quirky reminder of the fun we have shared during this block swap! Cool idea! So I used some of my Katie Jump Rope which seemed to go well with the floral brown and cream theme. Hope you like it MJ, I was pleased with how accurate it turned out.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Hi there Helen!
I've just tagged you. Feel like thinking about ten things that make you happy? Details at my blog. Go on. It's easy.
Mxx

Marg said...

Oh I absolutely love the colours and the layout in that block, beautiful.

NorahS said...

That is lovely! Good choice on the KJR.