Friday, August 06, 2010

DQS#9 Version 1 - Finished!

Well I finished my dolls quilt for Flickr DQS#9. Here is Version 1! Version 2 is still being quilted. One for me, one for you dear silent partner! This is just one block from Aunt Millie's Garden, imagine how stunning the whole quilt would look?

Some swirly quilting.

And some more swirly quilting. I love how the needle has popped a hole in the fabric slightly, kinda adds texture. Not too sure why that has happened though, it is the right sized needle and a new needle. When I give it a squirt with the water and rub it though, it disappears.

14 comments:

Susan said...

This is just beautiful! I envy your fantastic quilting, something I am just beginning to learn. The whole quilt would be stunning. I hope you get a return quilt of similar brilliance. I have just been an observer of DSQ9 this round and hope to play along next time.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! Im sure you meant to say three...one for your partner, one for you and one on its way to me ;)

Meredith said...

Oh how I wish I was your secret partner! But I wouldn't be because I don't quilt!! This is a classic. Clever you.

Kelly said...

It looks great Helen, Your quilting is fabulous! I would love to make that quilt one day, Its on my list lol

Cass said...

Oh Helen I love it

Shari said...

This is just so cheerful and pretty! You just have to smile when you look at it!

Tracey Petersen said...

What a beautiful little quilt.

PioneerValleyGirl said...

Two was a good plan - this is so beautiful I'd want to keep one for myself too!

Millie said...

Gorgeous! If she doesn't love it, then she has rocks in her head!

ROFPML!

KateKwiltz said...

Beautiful! Love the colors, and the quilting -- everything's great! An entire quilt would be spectacular -- your partner's a lucky one!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wishing I were your silent swap partner ... but, alas.

YOUR QUILT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

carol said...

Wow! I sure wish I was your partner...although I think (if I remember correctly) that I like #2 the best. LOL

Samantha Marshall said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Valerie said...

They're both so lovely but this one, with the pointy petals, is my fave. Stunning work!