Friday, August 20, 2010

Back to the Sewing?

I have been feeling lately like I am not getting any sewing done. I have been thinking about what is suddenly different in my life eating up all my sewing time and I can't think of anything besides the usual work/household duties/parenting things I do! It has taken me 12 days to sew this last strip on! It has sat on my ironing board half cut for all that time!! That is just plain embarrassing. It measures 60 x 86 inches. I think I am going to get the backing fabric from here. But anyway, it is now sewn on and folded back up while I decided the next stage.... I think my earlier hope for finishing this by the end of 2010 is a dream!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

The quilt turned out just gorgeous!! I love it!

Darling Millie said...

This is SO gorgeous! I just LOVE IT!

Vicki W said...

I love those blocks!

Poppyprint said...

You can do it, you can! I know how you feel. I spend 90% of my day thinking about my projects and less than 5% of my day working on them!

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

Oh my this is gorgeous! Wonderful color contrast.

Much as I love my boys they are a time sink! They suck up time along with air, food, and love.

Riel Nason said...

Pretty! Pretty! Pretty! And lots of time left in 2010.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

That is so extremely charming! Be sure to get it finished soon.

Jan said...

That is gorgeous. Very effective colur choices.