Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Runner #6 Finished!

The Christmas Table Runner madness started here and now 6 weeks or so later, it is over! Yahhh! I'm a bit over Table Runners at the moment I must admit. Here is the last one, #6.

Another Disappearing 9 Patch Block. But this one is small! I cut the squares 2.5 inches and they are from my stash, well some are and some are from Mum's stash. This is her runner and she giggled on the phone the other day that she hasn't even started mine, typical! They have just brought a new caravan and so Mum wanted a runner for the table in that. The table measures 20 inches wide and 40 inches long, so not exactly a large table!

Matilda snapped this shot of me putting on the binding. Not looking to bad for a girl who has sewn six table runners in six weeks! That is my in-laws bookcase behind me, if it was my house that bookcase would be packed with fabric! Note the two lovely dolls quilts received in the background as well. :)

So here is runner #6. 18 x 13 inches, more a placemat size really. But seeing as though the interior of the van is hues of blue and cream, this should match perfectly. I hope.....

6 comments:

Corrie said...

you are a table runner machine!!!!!!!!! I must admit I'd get a bit sick of them after a while but kind of wishing i'd thought of them for christmas presents...like 6 weeks ago and not less than 1 week to go!

but there is always next year! well done!

Corrie:)

Priscilla said...

Another lovely runner!! I followed your tutorial today and made one - you can see it on my blog. :o)

becanne said...

Congrats on finishing! I haven't got past the idea stage with any of my christmas projects ;)

The D9P works really well in those table runners.It is a design I haven't tried yet and didn't want to make a full size quilt in at the moment. T-runners and placemats are on the 'to-do' list so I might use yours as my inspiration - along with a trip to the fat quarter store...he he!

Cass said...

Helen, you are a machine, well done and I bet you never want to see another table runner.

Unknown said...

Wow, I just discovered your amazing blog via one of your lovely flickr quilt links that a swapping friend sent me. And hey you are in Perth too! :-)

AJ said...

LOVE IT!!! This one in now my favourite!!

Reading blogs from my mum's house, pooring rain and my book is out in the car. Aden asleep!