Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Runner #5 Finished!

I have finished Christmas Runner #5!!! Which is good as Matilda finishes school this coming Tuesday and this one is for the Teacher's Assistant in her class. Teacher's Assistants are the forgotten helpers at school sometimes and they are really the glue that hold the class together. I let Grace choose between this one and Christmas Runner #4 for her teacher and she choose #4 so this one goes to Milly's Teacher's Assistant.

Simple Disappearing 9 Patch Block on the front, two fat quarters sewn together for the back. But I am proud of the label.

I got Matilda to draw a picture of her teacher, photographed it, imported it to Photoshop and added the type, then printed it out and sewn on like described here and wolah, fancy label I know the teachers will ohh and ahh over!

And I have just one more runner to complete! Hate to say it, but it's another D9P block, small 2.5 inch squares though and cut from the stash, no charm squares for this one!

8 comments:

Molly said...

Gorgeous! Love the non-traditional colors and fabrics. And a really wonderful label!

Mark said...

Love the label!! What a fantastic idea!

Sue said...

That is THE BEST kindy present EVER!!!

Shari said...

She is just going to love this - what a great label...

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

I like your tablerunner, but love your label; what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

That label is just fantastic!!

GloJoeSews said...

Hi There-
Love ur blog. Just wondering--are the labels washable? Do they crinkle up? I'd like to follow ur tutorial and make one for a snuggle quilt but I'd like to know the label won't be hard or scratching, or that it'll run. Thanks.

AJ said...

Love the label!! So cute!