Well Blogtoberfest will inspire me to do more sewing this month! And yesterday I was determined to finish Matilda's bolster. I quilted the sky with just a simple wavy line and around the houses and trees. I used a variegated blue thread.
Then around her name I just did a stipple. I haven't stipple quilted anything for ages and it was nice! Like wearing your favorite fleecy cardy. I went around the letters with the FMQ foot on as well and discovered if I went top to bottom it was a nice straight line, but side to side = wobbly line. So that's an area that could have more practice.
Once both sections were quilted, I sewed on the end panels with some beautiful yellow dots from Amy's shop and gave them half an inch waistband casing. Then I sewed it together to make a tube and put the bolster cushion in. Then I threaded the casing with some ribbon to close it.
And the happy customer!