Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Wedding Anniversary to Us!

Today is our 6th wedding anniversary. Daz admitted last night as we were going to bed, "I haven't got you anything, sorry." I laughed and replied "That's okay hon, I haven't got you anything either!" We just have too much on our plates at the moment to celebrate anniversaries and Valentine Day, I know how much he loves me, I'm happy with a coffee first thing in the morning and a kiss. We actually had morning tea together today, in the staff room at school! Today was my first day at my new job, I'm one of the Teacher's Assistants now, helping out with the literacy programme that is run at the school. So all the family goes to the same school now!

If you had told me 6 years ago that I would be living up here and popping across the border into the Northern Territory for morning tea with friends, I would have laughed! But that is exactly what we did yesterday. I have become friendly with one of the other Mum's in Milly's class at school. They are new to the school as well after doing School Of The Air for the last few years. Also bizarrely enough during getting to know each other, we discovered she was good friends with my brother during their high school days! They live just over the border and so we just popped over for morning tea! A mere 45 kms down the road, over the border then a left turn a few kms in! It looked the same as WA, but hey, I can now say I have been to the Northern Territory!!!

11 comments:

AJ said...

You two look exactly the same now as you did then! Cute pic!

Cass said...

Happy Anniversary

wishes, true and kind said...

Isn't it funny the many turns life takes? It sounds like you are all settling in well. Happy anniversary!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Happy anniversary:-) Isn't great how life takes this turn and that and turns out wonderful along the way!

Poppyprint said...

Happy day! How cool that your family is together in work/school - that's super fun. Looks like you are settling right in up there in the north.

byneedleandthread said...

happy anniversary and happy new job! hugs! :)

Juni said...

Well done you on the move! What a big move, the scenery in your pics are stunning. Happy Anniversary!

sopheecat said...

Looks lovely.

Good to see your making friends at work/school. :)

Shari said...

Great photo - and that's country living for you! Get used to that driving!

Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Daz!

becanne said...

Congrats! - we made six years in Feb too!