Sunday, September 16, 2007

Flashback Friday on a Sunday! - Week 6 - Say Cheese!

Flashback Sunday doesn't have the same ring does it? I found this photo at my folks house this morning. Daz and I had a night out to celebrate his birthday so the girls had a sleep over. I got Dad to scan it in and email it to me to give him practise as he's just discovered the WWW. Anyway, he has scanned it very small, so my apologies for that, its a bit hard to see my cheesy grin!

This picture was late 1970's, maybe 1979? I was year 6 or 7. I remember thinking I was so hip for this shot as Mum had tonged my hair into all those curls, and the little brooch I was wearing was for special occassions only, it was a peacock and the tail was made of tiny seperate bits all chained together. I loved that brooch, no idea where it is now, knowing how my girls treat their jewllery, I most likely broke it. When I saw this shot my illusion of having a straight even smile was shattered, I have a lop sided smile. Even now its wonky, I practised for my wedding to tilt my head a certain way to even it out, but nope, even that didn't work, I have a wonky cheesy grin!

4 comments:

Heids said...

I loved that age before teen insecurity set in and I thought I looked hip and cool! I remember I had a special pair of "high heel" shoes when I was about 8 and I thought I was so grown up! PS I have tagged you, details are on my blog, however, feel free to disregard

thehummingcat said...

I think everyones hair has been tonged except Scotts!

Kirsty said...

I think it's lovely that you practised your smile for your wedding.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Very sweet photo of a good-looking family.