Sunday, February 20, 2011

SIT Name Badge!

I got an email yesterday from the airline carrying me from Darwin to Sydney for SIT next month to say they had had canceled my flight, booked back in August thank you very much and put me on another flight leaving 8 hours later than the original time. Not impressed to put it mildly, not impressed at all..... So after I sorted out that on the phone and accepted there wasn't much I could do about it, I turned my thoughts to the name badge swap and thought the deadline for posting is approaching, get cracking Helen! It has to be in the SIT colours and it is a secret swap....

I went for an oval flowery thingy. These little petals were fiddly to do, they measure .5 an inch across and under an inch long.

I sewed the yellow and brown ovals together, hand stitched the name on it, but I can't show you that bit yet! Then glued the petals in place and also a back panel to keep it all neat. Just have the pin clasp to sew on tonight and then ready top post away!

4 comments:

Cass said...

Looks good Helen I need to get my butt into gear

Poppyprint said...

Sorry about your flight. 8 hours less fabric shopping is serious!!!

The nametag looks fantastic - I love the idea of swapping secretly and making for someone else!

Quiet Quilter said...

Wonder how many other people the airline inconvenienced. The name tag looks great..have fun on your trip.

Jan said...

Great name tag Helen. It is terrible that these airlines can do this sort of thing without turning a hair. Not good enough.