Thursday, February 03, 2011

SIT Houses.

The dates for SIT are creeping closer and closer! The girls on our little Facebook group are getting excited! I can't wait!!!! 3591kms and two flights to get to a weekend of sewing and shopping and gossiping. I was so disappointed I couldn't go last year so this year the dearest husband had no choice but to say of course you can go sweet heart...... Besides I have a birthday this year that ends with an 0 so I'm thinking of it as a little birthday pressie to myself.

But back to the houses! The wonderful Cass organizes a Sample Swap held on the Saturday Stitching Day. It works along the lines of you make five of one item, then in the afternoon Cass will break us into groups of 6 people, a circle is formed and we do a weird dance (which is very important apparently!) And I'll get something from each person in my circle and they’ll each get something from me! So I thought I'd make 5 little mini house quilts. I thought I'd make them a little bit special and incorporate the Sew It Together logo. I duplicated it on an A4 sheet in Photoshop and then printed it out on the printer at home on a sheet of Matilda's Own printable fabric sheets and wolah, roof fabric!

This one is ready to sandwich. Think I'll make up the other four and then sandwich and quilt them together.

7 comments:

Cass said...

OMG I didn't notice the fabric in the FB it is great

carol said...

How cool is that? You are too clever!! I NEVER would have thought of that....nor been able to do it! LOL

Amy said...

I really like this house.

Poppyprint said...

Wow, you're turning 20??? Congratulations!!!! You deserve a quilting weekend, for sure!hehe.

These little houses will be coveted, I bet. How clever to make your own fabric for the roofs. I hope you'll take loads of photos when you're at SIT so we can all feel like we were there with you (cos I wish I was going, too, but 21,573 km and 54 days of kayaking across the Pacific [according to Google maps] just doesn't fit into my calendar this spring). I would have had to start training ages ago. Next time I need more notice, kay?

I hope you girls have a BALL!

thornberry said...

Okay, i want to be in your group! That house is so lovely and the roof fabric just perfect.

Car said...

Awesome idea, wish I was going :)

Angie said...

Your little house quilt is lovely... as as are all your quilts I see as I click around your blog... thank you.