Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Strips of Daizies.

A weekend of sewing has seen me finish the last 6 daizie blocks needed. I was a bit random, going for a scrap of fabric if it was the right measurements rather than cutting up something new.

Then I got the girls to cut up little squares of fabric and write on each 1A, 1B, 1C etc all the way to 1G and then all the way up to 9A to 9G. And then cracking the quilt Mother whip louder, I got them to help me pin a square on each block so when sewing them together I wouldn't get the order mixed it! Those are he white things pinned to some of the blocks in the photo. Once that was done, I sliced the sides of each block to bring it down to 9 inches wide. I didn't slice the whole block to size as I am always paranoid that the stitches will come undone before I get around to sewing them. But I got into a rhythm and got all 9 rows sewed together, here they are hanging over the sewing room door, ready to be all sewn together!

2 comments:

AJ said...

Pretty Flowers!

Poppyprint said...

NICE! Way to crack the whip!