Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Back to the Daizies....

Well seeing as though the Round Robin is no longer a WIP, its time to see what else I can finish off that has been loitering around the sewing room. I sooooooo want to finish this quilt! It has been my New Years Resolution for the last two years, think it is time to just stop talking about it and do it! I have taken all the blocks out and laid them on the bed. I need 12 more blocks to make the quilt top, that will make it 7 blocks by 9. After seeing this photo though I have decided that light aqua weird green, third up on the right? Its out!! There are two blocks with that background, so 2 more to make to replace them! I have no idea what I am going to do with the border. Smaller daizies? Just a wonky yellow wedge? Unsure, I'll just sew all this together and see.



These are based on Jan Mullens pattern available here. I have sort of tweaked it a bit. Her's were just one colour petals, but I adapted these to make it two colours.


So 5 sewn and 9 to go. Funny how your tastes change over the years. I'd be reluctant to use this green check in a new project now but seeing as though there are a few green check blocks already, thought I'd add it in. I'm trying to use up scraps of pink and orange as I go.

5 comments:

Shari said...

I love Jan Mullen blocks. This works well and good for using up scraps. It's always good to have a 'now and then' project (this way it's not counted as a UFO).

Mom said...

What can I say???... I hate super wonky but this is SUPER cute!! :-)

Love those color combos~

KateKwiltz said...

Love, love love this pattern! I did one of these a while back, and used all the green leftovers from slicing as a piano key border. I love yours with two colors! Keep going!

Alice R. said...

Yep, funny how we change, and how different we all are. I was just thinking how totally cool the green check was!

Poppyprint said...

Fun!! I bought that pattern years ago and never did anything with it. Good on ya for just taking it up and running for the finish line. I foresee some fun quilting for this one!