Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ruby's Cuddle Quilt Finished.

It is exactly two weeks since I started this quilt and today I literally stuffed it in a satchel and mailed it to the other side of Australia.

It is lap sized, or if you are four, it is perfect cape sized as Matilda is modelling here! Having the polar fleece on the back wasn't as tricky as I thought it would be. There is no wadding inbetween, just quilt top and polar fleece backing. It is sooooo soft and cuddly. As I sewed down the binding Grace sat next to me with her cheek on the quilt in my lap just stroking it. I hope it brings that kind of comfort to Ruby, every stitch was sewn with love and get well soon wishes.

13 comments:

Kay said...

I love this quilt, it's a wonderful palette of colors, just yummy! Haven't tried fleece backing but may have to, looks so nice :o)

Mom said...

The fleece backings are delightful and children love them. I do that on many children's donation quilts (as much as I can afford the fleece or have it donated!). I really love the pink & blue fabrics in the border too~

Emma said...

It's beautiful, Helen. I'm sure it will have its intended effect.

Mark said...

Absolutely stunning, I hope Ruby gets better soon.

Desiree said...

I know she will love it! That is such a "little girl" quilt! Good job!

Little Munchkins said...

That's looks fantastic! Me thinks me need to get some of that Soiree fabric!

Trisha said...

Very sweet! I love half square triangles. They looks so pretty arranged like that.

L. jane E. said...

What beautiful quilt. I'm sure it will be loved.

Becky said...

Miss Possum has a fleece backed quilt which we both love.
I love the fabrics you have used, it is beautiful.

Cass said...

I am sure it will be loved Helen and it looks beautiful

AJ said...

Beautiful Helen...and I can see the love from here!

Ruth's Place said...

It's a wonderful quilt. I hope it brings lots of comfort.

Unknown said...

I love this one helen.
It is just perfect in every way!